Contains all the content of the Legal Issues, Interviewing Skills, and Performance Management courses, plus how to coach and motivate employees. Establish a baseline of managerial competency by providing this course to all your managers to ensure that they have learned the essentials, plus what it takes to be a great manager.
A comprehensive workshop that develops effective management skills while raising the bar on professionalism and performance.
What We’ll Cover:
• Defining management "competencies" required to be successful in management roles
• What management derailment is, and the most common management “derailer” issues
• The legal issues involved in managing others and the foundation rules for keeping management activities legal (including discrimination, harassment, ethics, confidentiality, safety and more)
• What is important in hiring for any position and how to conduct meaningful interviews that result in good hiring decisions
• How to manage performance of subordinates on the day-to-day level, annual review level, and on the problem performance level
• Finally how to implement positive coaching and motivating behaviors to create a successful team environment
What people have said about this course:
“Probably the best training I’ve attended. I actually feel I am going to use the tools - tomorrow.” Southern California participant
“Best training I’ve received. Able to directly apply to job.” Southern California participant
“Excellent Information – much needed!” Colorado participant
“All information was required for effective management” Arizona participant “Trainer was great… I thought I was good at managing people. I know now that I had a lot to learn. Thank you!” Virginia participant